Learn how to make a seasonal vegetables and shrimp stir fry within 20 minutes at home.
We are raining for quite a while. Last week, I made a bottle of chili oil and prepare to enjoy my summer cold dishes, but the temperature drops quickly and it is quite cool in the week.
I love to make all kinds of quick stir-fries in cool days of summer. There are lots of fresh vegetables here, compared with winter days. I can always make a wonderful dish within 20 minutes by using fresh ingredients.
This is a light vegetable shrimp stir fry which combines extremely well. I believe the color is quite appealing too. I use very little seasonings in order to keep the original tastes of vegetables and mushrooms maximally. I choose asparagus, button mushroom, snow peas and bell pepper this time. You can choose your favorite vegetables. But choose those with less water content, since we want a clean look stir-frying dishes.
Do not skip sugar in the marinating process. It can stimulate the umami flavor of the shrimp.
When frying the shrimp firstly, transfer them out when the color begins to change. The shrimps are not well cooked since we will continue cooking later. This process helps to release some of the shrimp flavor into the oil, which will further make the vegetables delicious.
Be quick after returning the shrimp. Stir for about 10 seconds, otherwise the shrimps are easy to be overcooked.
Fish sauce is a great season for seafood dishes.
( Click here to see some special Chinese sauces for your cookery. – Opens in new tab.)
Devine the shrimp and marinate with salt, white pepper and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Trim and cut the vegetables. Try to make them similar in size.
Heat around 1.5 tablespoon of cooking oil in a wok and fry the shrimp until they begin change color. Transfer out.
No need to clean the wok, pour in the left 1.5 tablespoons of cooking oil, fry garlic until aromatic. Place mushroom and bell pepper for around half minute until slightly seared and softened.
Add asparagus and snow bean pieces. Season with a small pinch of salt.
Return the shrimp and drizzle the fish sauce and sesame oil. Quick fry (around 10 fries) and transfer out immediately.
(Check here some of our favorite Wok.– Opens in new tab.)
Other quick and delicious stir-fries
- Pork and mushroom stir fry
- Pork and green pepper stir fry
- Black pepper beef
- Pork with black bean sauce
- Pork and cabbage stir fry
Shrimp and vegetable stir fry
Easy shrimp and vegetables stir fry, a light dish for summer days.
Cuisine: Chinese cuisine
Keyword: shrimp, stir-frying
- 20 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 tbsp. vegetable cooking oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- a small pinch salt
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 4 asparagus, remove the hard ends
- 3 button mushrooms, cut into small piece
- 6 snow peas, cut into halves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- Devine the shrimp and marinate with salt, white pepper and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat around 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in wok and fry the shrimp until they begin change color. Transfer out.
- No need to clean the wok, pour in the left 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, fry garlic until aromatic. Place mushroom and bell pepper for around half minute until slightly seared and softened.
- Add asparagus and snow bean pieces. Season with a small pinch of salt.
- Return the shrimp and drizzle the fish
sauce and sesame oil. Quick fry (around 10 fries) and transfer out immediately.
Shrimp and vegetable stir fry
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Do you want to learn more about Chinese cuisine? Check these cooking books – Opens in new tab.